MGT5014 – Information Systems
Credit Hours: 3
Studies information systems design associated with business organizations. Includes development life cycles, requirements analysis, systems design and performance considerations. Views information systems as strategic tools to provide competitive advantage.
- FIT MGT5014 – Wk8 Discussion Post (3/5/2017) - Why Systems Fail? It has been said that most systems fail because system builders ignore organizational behavior problems. Discuss the
- FIT MGT5014 – Wk7 – e-Choupal Memo (2/26/2017) -
- FIT MGT5014 – Wk7 Discussion Post (2/22/2017) - The Internet may not make corporations obsolete, but the corporations will have to change their business models. Do you agree?
- FIT MGT5014 – Wk6 Discussion Post (2/19/2017) - Part 1: Thinking about the organization that you are working for currently, which enterprise application do you think your organization
- FIT MGT5014 – Wk6 – Understanding Alternative Approaches for Systems Building in the Digital Era (2/19/2017) -
- FIT MGT5014 – OTISLINE’s Competitive Position, Strategy and Recommendations (2/12/2017) -
- FIT MGT5014 – WestJet – IT Governance (2/9/2017) - The WestJet case study clearly states that WestJet executives possessed no understanding of the level of competence of the organizational
- FIT MGT5014 – Wk4 – Sysco Memo (2/5/2017) -
- FIT MGT5014 – Wk4 – Applebee’s (2/1/2017) -
- FIT MGT5014 – Wk3 – Netflix Memo (1/29/2017) -
- FIT MGT5014 – Wk2 Peer Responses (1/22/2017) - Response 1: John Doe1, I enjoyed your post, and after reading, I felt like I had a good macro level
- FIT MGT5014 – Wk2 Discussion Post (1/18/2017) - Read the Marchand, et al. (2000) article (link provided in this week's outline). Then rank the information orientation of a
- FIT MGT5014 – Wk1 Discussion Post (1/11/2017) - Without reading any of this week’s assigned readings, briefly describe your understanding of “information systems.” Now read the Nolan and